Wednesday, December 5, 2007

We survived!!

That's right, we made it through our 1st snow storm. It wasn't so bad really. The kids had a snow day and since I work from home we just watched from our cozy little homestead. Of course, the next day I managed to nearly maroon our new 4x4 trying to get out of our driveway. I didn't think even I could do that, but I somehow managed to leave the driveway and enter the yard. Don't laugh...out where we live a driveway and a yard are almost the same thing, especially when both are covered in a foot of snow. The kids and I had fun though sliding around the yard trying out our 4wd for the 1st time. I'm not sure if the neighbors saw the show, but I bet they told all their friends about the offlander and his attempts to leave his own driveway. Apparently, someone felt sorry for us, because I returned home today to find our entire driveway nicely plowed. We don't know who did it, but it sure was nice. I had tried shoveling, but had no idea how much work that is, especially with 75ish foot driveway.


1 comment:

Larry B said...

Hogman,

Good to see you and the pics of the family. Tell Yvonne that I said hi! Looks like your family is certainly blessed!
Best wishes for the holidays and remember you can dress for cold weather and get arrested for hot weather!